10 years ago tonight... I was laying on the hood of my dad's ancient F150 watching fireworks and counting stars. I was 12 years old, and wondered if there was anything to the whole Y2K commotion.Tonight I am hoping the fireworks don't wake my sleeping baby, and that my husband doesn't have to hard a night at work, and I'm thinking about what goals I want to set for myself for 2010...
Yes my life has changed dramatically in the last decade. I never could have guessed that it would turn out the way it has, but I am very happy that it did.
Making New Year's resolutions almost sounds cheesy, and I know they have a reputation for being broken. I tend to just set goals for myself instead, using the start of a new year as an excuse to whip myself into shape a little.
Here are some things I would like to do in 2010:
- Be more present- less stressed and distracted- on a daily basis with Seth. I want to engage with him more than I have been and savor every moment of his impending toddlerhood and his last months as a real 'baby'.
- Build my business so that it can become a more consistent and reliable source of income for us.
- Improve my photography skills. Take a photo a day in 2010.
- Learn to combat stress and keep a calmer mindset.
- Be more consistent with my yoga practice.
- Crochet an afgan.
- Get hardwood floors downstairs.
- Save toward taking a real family vacation in 2011.
- Save money in general- learn to be more frugal and get better at meal planning and budget grocery shopping.
- Get Seth's scrapbook up to date before it gets way out of hand.
I may add more as I think of them...
Oh and here is the moon tonight: It's a blue moon. I wonder if that means something unusual and extraordinary will happen. Like maybe Seth will sleep solidly until morning, without waking once. Hey, a girl can dream, right?