So I'm going crazy and doing multiple posts today... I just wanted to put down a few things I'd like to do this year:
- Create a safe, non-toxic home environment for my new baby to be born into and start his life in. I've already banned so many "common" household poisons and hazards- from cleaning products to shampoos to Raid, but I want to continue in my efforts towards an organic lifestyle for our family.
- Travel. We're tentatively planning two family trips this year- one to Colorado and one to New England.
- Breastfeeding. This is important to me- I want to nurse Seth for about a year, and at least until the end of 2009 (he'll be 10 months old).
- School. Continue working on my master's degree while caring for the new little one.
- Finances. Find ways to save and make extra money as we transition to living on one income. Be thrifty and resourceful, and hopeful get some photography jobs to help us out.
- Cloth diapering. This is part of the first goal and the finances one, so sticking with it is a goal in itself.
- Enjoying motherhood and being balanced and competent in my new role- keep our marriage strong and maintian my own sense of self through it all.
I'm sure I have other things I'd like to do, but these are big ones that came to mind. May 2009 be the best year yet, full of happiness and peace.