1. Kale chips. Yum. (Actually I've just been on a kale kick in general lately.)
2. I have been forgetful lately and less productive then I need to be due to lack of sleep. I need to make for the lack of productivity tomorrow though. Really.
3. Journaling. I want to do it more again. I used to all the time, and looking back at things I wrote makes me smile.
4. I have been feeling so quiet and introspective these last few days. Today especially. Sometimes I get this way- I need to go off alone, and curl up somewhere and just think, write, read, observe... rest. Respecting this need keeps me balanced and happier, and I daresay much more pleasant to be with : )
5. My sister and I watched Eclipse in the theater on Sunday. Love it. We also watched The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants while she was here. I love me a good girly flick once in a while.
6. I wrote down these two excerpts from Rumi a few years ago and just came across them again. I think they are beautiful, and I am baffled by the thought that just a few short years ago, I had time to just sit and read Rumi for my own enjoyment and enlightenment.
|Dance, when you're broken open.
Dance, if you've torn the bandage off.
Dance in the middle of the fighting.
Dance in your blood.
Dance, when you're perfectly free.
The way of love is not a subtle argument.
The door there is devastation.
Birds make great sky-circles of their freedom. How do they do it?
They fall, and falling, they're given wings. ~Rumi
8. Dreaming of trips I want to take, someday. Portland, Colorado, Maine, Thailand, Africa, France, Spain... the list is practically infinite, but I have so much fun dreaming and planning it all.